Still life in oil paints for beginners
Sunday 12th January 2020, 10am-4.30pm
Stoke Bridge Workshops, Ipswich.
This one day course will take you through the essentials of painting a still life in oils using the ‘alla prima’ technique. This structured course will take you step-by-step through the principles of oil painting and aims to give you the confidence to take your painting to the next level.
We will cover:
- Principles and techniques of oil painting
- Creating an imprimatura layer
- Mixing paint
- Using colour and tone to create form and space
- Developing an interesting composition
- Methods and techniques for applying paint
- Observational skills
- Using mediums
Materials to bring:
- A range of oil paints
- An odour free solvent such as Zest-it or Sansodor (please note white spirit or turpentine will not be permitted)
- A selection of brushes in different sizes (including flat and filbert brushes).
- Linseed oil
- A 12”x12” or 12”x16” canvas, canvas board or gesso board, depending which surface you
- Two jars/pots (one for your solvent and one for the medium)
- A palette
- Palette knife
- Old clothes or apron to protect clothing
We will provide:
- Table easels
- Additional materials
- Sketch paper
- Spare pots
- Still life display materials
To sign up, please email email@example.com or get in touch using my contact form and state the name of the workshop you are interested in.